none
Password Management RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to enable password synchronization on the Forefront Identity Manager Connector for Windows Azure Active Directory ?
    Actually, I'm using MIM 2016, I'm configuring this new connector and I receive this message from log "The password synchronization set operation was not processed because password management was not enabled on the target management agent. "

Any help will be appreciate. :)

Thank you,
    Anthony 
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Anthony,

The answer is no. The FIM connector for Windows Azure Active Directory does not support any password management scenarios.

Source: Windows Azure Active Directory Connector for FIM 2010 R2 Technical Reference

Cheers,

Wouter Landuyt | IS4U FIM/MIM Expert Blog: blog.is4u.be

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer. Thank you!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:49 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply! I hope it will be available soon..
    I'm syncing Office 365 licences with my MIM. I'm using another connector for that, PowerShell MA from Søren Granfeldt. I see that there is an option on his application "Password Management", works with PCNS. I don't know if it could work with Office 365..

Any ideas about that ? It could be awesome! :-)

http://blog.goverco.com/p/psmapwdmanage.html

Thank you,

Anthony

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:55 PM
  • If you are looking to synchronize passwords between MIM and your Azure domain, I would suggest looking into Azure AD Connect. It has both password synchronization and password writeback to keep the passwords consistent in both your on-premise AD and the Azure AD. However, you will still have to use powershell to manage your Office 365 licenses.

Good luck!

Wouter Landuyt | IS4U FIM/MIM Expert Blog: blog.is4u.be

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer. Thank you!

• Edited by Wouter L Friday, December 11, 2015 9:29 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Wim Beck Friday, December 11, 2015 9:30 AM
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 12:49 PM