Windows Vista installation hangs RRS feed

• Question

• Vista Business installation from a XP Pro installation on a second 60GB partition is not finishing. It stays in the green "knight-rider" light. In save mode the same problem and it stops with loading the disk.sys driver. Tried to disable almost every this in the bios. Running the latest BIOS version for my Dell Dimension 8400 (A09). As any body encountered the same kind of problems? And even more important does anybody have THE solution... I have seen the most beautyfull solutions like format the disk, remove the videocard, replace memory... There must be something more easy then that?

BTW I have Vista (same media) running in a virtual box (virtualPC 2004!) without any installation problems. In the VM the performance is poor.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 11:11 PM

All replies

• just press the sleep buton wait 5 sec until the disc stops read and pres the wake buton if this dont work press the sleep wait andpres the pwr once    it work for me     -p4 640-p5ld2 deluxe-2 gs ram corsair-ati 1600 pro 512ddr2- 
    Thursday, December 28, 2006 1:23 AM
  • It stays on the green "knight-rider" light.

Did you come up with a resolution?

I have the same problem, different system.

updated bios, chip set, dvd drive firmware, different graphics card - always the same result.

compatibilty check is good except for graphics card - I could update the driver if the OS would come up.

Just wondering if you were able to resolve?

(I've installed Vista on laptops and never had this problem)

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 5:15 PM
  • No, I have not found a solution. I quit trying, it was taken much to much time. I have worked with Vista in a Virtual box and decided to work furhter with WXP pro. Sorry, .
    Wednesday, January 3, 2007 6:47 AM
  • k.i.t,y.
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 7:37 AM
  • I gave up with the system that was hanging, pretty sure it had to do with Nividia graphics card.

I installed on a different system - 1st time no problems.

Since its been working on that system I left it at that - I plan on rebuilding the other box anyway.

Nvidia at the time was no help - havent checked their web site recently to see if anything has changed

Monday, June 18, 2007 10:50 AM