Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005' External table is not in the expected format. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All ,

I am trying read an Excel which is generated by IBOT Oracle OBIEEE application and it is throwing error as "Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'  External table is not in the expected format."

If I opened the generated xls file and save as xls file it is working fine with my VB script code to parse and apply operations

I want to automate the generated xls file from the IBOT application so that we do not have hand in managing such .

I have tried to open the file I have seen below in the xls file which is generated by IBOT OBIEEEE application  as below , which seems to the culprit for the issue , please suggest how to over come the issue with the VB script read the excel accordingly

MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: Multipart/Related;
     type="text/html";
     boundary="saw_part_boundary_0"

Ravishankar Maduri MCTS,MCPD,MCP

Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:17 AM

Answers

• The driver used in SSIS to process the Excel file appears to be incompatible with the version of the Excel document

Arthur My Blog

• Proposed as answer by Mike Yin Monday, September 30, 2013 2:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Yin Friday, October 4, 2013 2:12 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:48 PM

All replies

• The driver used in SSIS to process the Excel file appears to be incompatible with the version of the Excel document

Arthur My Blog

• Proposed as answer by Mike Yin Monday, September 30, 2013 2:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Yin Friday, October 4, 2013 2:12 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:48 PM
  • Can you post and share link to one such file ?

SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Saturday, September 21, 2013 3:19 PM