List Items Inheriting from List Not their Containing Folder RRS feed

• Question

• We have a WSS 3.0 farm that has a custom list containing 3 folders. Each folder has unique permissions assigned. I verified this in the GUI and via Server Object Model. Sometime between June 12 and 19 items placed in those folders began to suffer from an odd issue. The items still had the exact permissions of the LIST and not the folders they were in. In addition they itme.HasUniqueRoleAssignments was still false meaning they were inheriting permissions from the list itself and not the folder in which they were placed/created. I have since corrected this by programmatically reseting the HasUniqueRoleAssignments on the folder, then on each item, and finally resetting the folder permissions to what they needed to be. Currently items being created in or moved to the folders inherit permissions properly.

Has anyone ever seen this sort of crazy thing happen?

Friday, September 14, 2012 2:23 PM

Answers

• I've never known an item to inherit permissions from a folder, so I'm not really sure which side of the crazy line you're standing.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Easy Bins Dumpster Rentals of Northern VA. (Specializing in driveway-sized roll-off dumpsters.)
    Be sure to click one of them there forum buttons that artificially inflates my narcissitic ego... I mean gives me points.

Friday, September 14, 2012 8:43 PM