none
driver and selection profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Why do we have to do the following steps , what does it mean 

1. Still in the Windows PE tab, select the Drivers and Patches tab, and configure the following: 
      1. Selection profile: Nothing
      2. Select the Include all drivers from selection profile option 

Thanks 

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:28 PM

All replies

• You do that when using a total control method of driver injection, but for PE you will want to make a WinPE selection profile that only has WinPE drivers.

Use the guide here: MDT 2013 Lite Touch Driver Management

Daniel Vega

• Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:03 PM
  • To explain your current settings, essentially you are injecting no drivers into your WinPE boot image as the selection profile is set to nothing.

If this were a task sequence using the same configuration but you first set the variable "Set DriverGroup001" then the drivers from the value you set would be injected for example:

this would inject all the drivers in the Windows 10 x64 folder that matched your exact make and model. It's important that the folders exactly match the reported names.

Daniel Vega

Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:56 PM
  • Hi,

"to explain your current settings, essentially you are injecting no drivers into your WinPE boot image as the selection profile is set to nothing"

It is for the  reference image . 

Drivergroup , lenovo seems different ,How can I do this for lenovo .

What is the pros and cons using winpe 10 drivers instead of 5 or 3 

My hp pc's are really slow in loading winpe ,any advise 

Thanks 

Friday, February 2, 2018 5:36 AM
  • Best advice is to follow the Driver guide, the link I posted earlier. If you're using a recent version of MDT then use the WinPE 10 drivers. Keep your PE drivers down to just what is needed which is pretty much just storage and network.

Daniel Vega

Friday, February 2, 2018 2:49 PM