none
microsoft project 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• hellos there i don't know any forum to ask my problem actually i have to build a project at Microsoft 2007 the costing and all that i need idea a unique one ,may be a simple one i have to do all that costing and ulabla well well please help me am so frustrated idea such as construction or any other small one
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Actually, if you want to learn about Project, you first need a book or a course, not just an idea.

But if you want o look at some projectfile to get an idea of how that looks like, open MS Project 2007, click File, then New, then from Template and select residential Construction (or any other of the Microsoft-supplied templates).

Greetings,

Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:27 PM
  • If you're looking for an idea to build a test project around I always suggest building a garden shed.  There ae distinct areas to drive a Work Breakdown Structure (ground work, procurement, build, kit out, landscaping, electrics, security, windows, painting etc) and you can identify external dependencies and resources etc. It can all be done in 20-100 lines depending on how creative you get.

Books etc will be useful to you in working out how to use the tool (MSP) and sometimes they come with a resource CD containing test projects etc.

If you're looking at "how to I build a good plan" that is a whole different ball game to "how do I use the tool".

Miles

Thursday, February 9, 2012 3:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Actually, if you want to learn about Project, you first need a book or a course, not just an idea.

But if you want o look at some projectfile to get an idea of how that looks like, open MS Project 2007, click File, then New, then from Template and select residential Construction (or any other of the Microsoft-supplied templates).

Greetings,

Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:27 PM
  • If you're looking for an idea to build a test project around I always suggest building a garden shed.  There ae distinct areas to drive a Work Breakdown Structure (ground work, procurement, build, kit out, landscaping, electrics, security, windows, painting etc) and you can identify external dependencies and resources etc. It can all be done in 20-100 lines depending on how creative you get.

Books etc will be useful to you in working out how to use the tool (MSP) and sometimes they come with a resource CD containing test projects etc.

If you're looking at "how to I build a good plan" that is a whole different ball game to "how do I use the tool".

Miles

Thursday, February 9, 2012 3:46 PM