none
The DPMRA service terminated unexpectedly RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having issues with a Server 2008 R2 x64 which is a DC and Exchange server. In the DPM console i keep on getting "The protection agent operation on <server> failed because the service did not respond." and on the protected server i get Event ID 7034 "The DPMRA service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this x time(s)."

If i reboot the protected server it works for some while and then event 7034 reapears.

Our DPM server is Server 2008 R2 SP1 x64 and DPM is updated with latest hotfix rollup. The protected server is running DPM agent 3.0.7707.0 and is on a untrusted domain. There shouldn't be any issues with the firewall between the DPM server and protected server because two other servers in the untrusted domain is working flawlessly.

I have tried reinstalling the DPM agent and it didn't seem to help.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:55 AM

Answers

• It seems like this issue was caused by a faulty System Center Operations Manager agent. I reinstalled the SCOM agent because monitoring didnt work properly, and hey presto backup started working again.

Come to think about it the issues with DPM started after I installed SCOM on that server.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1:51 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this issue. We will need the memory dumps to analyze this issue.

Can you open a support incident with Microsoft PSS who can assist you in collecting the forensics and unblock you after analyzing the dumps.

Thanks, Kapil Malhotra [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, May 16, 2011 4:28 AM
  • It seems like this issue was caused by a faulty System Center Operations Manager agent. I reinstalled the SCOM agent because monitoring didnt work properly, and hey presto backup started working again.

Come to think about it the issues with DPM started after I installed SCOM on that server.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1:51 PM