Why cant copy a folder back from the deleted folders , if there is folder with the same name and why doesnt prompt you to overwrite it ? RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 2013

Did you know that your cant copy a folder back from the deleted folders , if there is folder with the same name

It doesn’t ask if wish to overwrite it just plays a lovely ding sound and hangs for a couple of seconds and doesn’t nothing, fix rename the new folder

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:35 AM

Answers

• Hello,

How did you copy the folder back from the Deleted Items folder? I tried the following steps but I cannot reproduce the same result as yours.

1. Create a folder under Inbox, name it Test.

2. Delete the Test folder, and it will appear in Deleted Items folder.

3. Create another folder under Inbox and name it Test.

4. Go to Deleted Items, right click on Test folder and select Copy Folder. Select Inbox in the popped dialog. Click OK.

When I check my Inbox, I found that the folder copied back to Inbox was named Test - Copy.

I also tried drag the Test folder from Deleted Items into Inbox directly, the folder is named Test (2).

If you used different steps, please elaborate on them.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Edited by Steve Fan Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 24, 2014 7:54 AM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:28 AM