none
MS Project 2010 - Cannot Save Global.MPT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Have created a global template and moved over all views, tables etc etc into the Global.MPT but when exiting MS Project it will not close without me saving the global.mpt as another filename.  

The global template has been moved from the %appdata% directory and is not on a network share.  I have created a localdirectory for it to be in and amended the shortcut for it to start in this local directory so we know it is picking up the correct one.

All local NTFS permissions are full control and the MPT is not read-only.  I can only find a old MS KB from pre 2003 which is of no help at all.

Anyone?

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:30 PM

All replies

• Keyser66,

It's not quite clear about what you did. Are you saying to tried to create a template file called "global.mpt"?

If you want to customize your working Global, all you need to do is to use the Organizer to move all your custom items (i.e. view, tables, etc.) to the existing Global file. When you exit Project the working Global will automatically be updated. If ever you want to revert back to the default Global, you can do so by dragging the working Global to the trash and then starting Project. Project will start with a new default Global file.

John

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:43 PM