none
Administrative Time RRS feed

• Question

• I'm observing that with Administrative Time (at least with Project 2007), in order for an Administrative Time cateogory to show up in an individual's timesheet, you must check "Always Display"?  I was hoping that folks could pick them from the Add Lines so we could use Administrative Time for support type time reporting - instead of emulating the old Administrative Projects via "dummy" projects.   Is this the way it works and is it the same in Project 2010?  Also, it would be nice if a custom field could be tied to each Administrative category so that we could associate it with a particular Service, etc. for reporting.   I'd really like to get far away from emulating the Administrative "dummy" projects because it really tends to clog up Project Server and when there are reoganizations, it is a monster to retrofit these things.  Any and all suggestions for reporting time for Support activity (as opposed to Administative) and being able to associate that with a particular Service Area, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Andy Novak, PMP, MBA
    University of North Texas

Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:55 PM

Answers

• Hi ANdy,

for 2007, you can add Administrative lines with clicking on "Administrative Time" in Timesheet Center. So not if a timesheet is already open, but on the page where timesheets are listed. Even if timesheet is already created, you can add lines, which are not set to "always display"

In 2010, you have an Insert row - Insert Administrative Task.

Hope that helps?
    Barbara

Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:19 PM