none
Master Schedule with Linked Subprojects that have custom columns RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Master schedule with multiple subprojects that are linked.  The subprojects are essentially the technical leads individual schedules that roll up into the master program schedule.,  This allows each lead to input their information.  having said that, I created custom columns for total hours spent, total hours remaining and a calculated column for % complete based on the first 2 fields.  Each subproject is laid out the same way.  Is there anyway I can import these customer columns into the master schedule?  The technical leads would only need to input the number of hours remaining and it would do everything else.  Please help.
    Monday, November 26, 2012 8:20 PM

All replies

• Angelfaz77,

Certainly. You will find your custom fields listed under the "fields" tab of the Organizer. If you have the master open and each subproject also open with write privilege, use the Organizer to copy your custom fields to each subproject and then save.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:25 AM
  • To get the numbers from the sub-projects total up into the master project, you need to use the same number fields for hours spent and remaining hours in each project (all sub-projects and the master) and use the rollup Sum setting. The % complete field would be set to apply formula for rollup.

But why are you specifying custom fields for this calculation. Do the Actual Work, Remaining Work and % work complete fields not give you the information you need more simply?

Graham

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:19 AM
  • Thank you!  This is what I was looking for.

Appreciate the feedback.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:19 PM
  • Thank you for your response as well.  It helped.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:28 PM
  • Angelfaz77,

You're welcome. If either or both of us answered your question, please mark it as such.

John

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:47 PM