Spooler Subsystem App stopped working and was closed ~ Printer will not print RRS feed

• Question

• ·         Unable to use HP OfficeJet H470wbt (Bluetooth) printer on my HP Pavilion dv9000t notebook with Vista Ultimate & Office 2007.My system is kept up to date on a hourly/daily basis. 

Able to install the printer & print a test page successfully. Whenever I attempt to print anything else I get a window stating: "Spooler Subsystem App stopped working and was closed". This occurs both in Bluetooth & USB connection. A Temporary Workaround is offered.

This Temporary Workaround states the following:

"This problem was caused by a known issue with your Hewlett-Packard printer driver, which causes Microsoft Office 2007 programs to close unexpectedly when your HP printer is set as the default printer. Hewlett-Packard is aware of the problem and is working on a solution." Recommendations are given. However, the recommendations given do not work.

2 weeks of my life have been wasted dealing w/ HP support. None of the work they performed online, or their recommendations worked. I even performed a complete recovery on my notebook & reinstalled everything back, per their instructions to resolve this, which did not correct the problem.

During one of my Windows Updates I received & successfully installed an update titled "HP - Printers - HP - Officejet H470 series BT". This has not corrected the problem.

The 1st printer was returned to the store on 03/31 & I was given a new one. Still the problem persists.

Ready to try a different brand of printer, but the HP OfficeJet H470wbt is the only printer that suits my needs. (compact, designed for travel, durable, prints great)

I have wasted more time & $$$ dealing w/ HP problems than I have spent using it in a productive manner.

There has to be a solution . . . . . . . . . Thank you
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:13 AM

Answers