none
Cannot install agent on Windows 10 systems RRS feed

• Question

• We recently updated the DPM to 2012R2 in an effort to deal with Windows 10 machines but we cannot seem to get the client installed/updated.

After weeks of wasting time (yes we did try the sisbkup.dll fix) we gave up and deployed a Windows Server 2016/SQL 2016 and DPM 2016) and still cannot get the client agent to install.  We tried the push from the server to the workstation and it just progesses, goes up a few % and fails with the following message.

Install protection agent on HMA-14-1201.hma.local failed:

Error 313: The agent operation failed because an error occurred while running the installation program on HMA-14-1201.hma.local.

Error details: Fatal error during installation (0x80070643)

Recommended action: Review the log files on HMA-14-1201.hma.local: [windir]\temp\msdpm*.log and take appropriate action. Retry the operation, and if the error persists, restart the computer and then retry the operation again.

1- Access is not denied because I am using the domain administrators creds to connect, and I can manage, check services, etc.  The RPC service is running, the firewall is off, the Remote Registry Service is running, Windows Remote Mangement is running, Antivirus is disabled, the clocks are in sync, C++ 2008 and C++ 2013 are installed.

I uninstalled C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013 still no help also installed MSXML 6.0 Parser....nogo

If I try to manually install it starts and then rolls back.

The log file is useless.

Any help is appreciated

Monday, October 17, 2016 6:18 PM