Outlook 2016 .OFT file showing as plain text RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have received an OFT file from a friend, when I go to open the file it displays as plain text no formatting or images.. I have saved the file and tired it on other systems and it displays properly.

I am using outlook 2016, I have saved the file and tried opening it same thing.. If I use a different system it opens properly.

What would cause this file to be viewed as plain text only?

Thanks in advance for any help provided..

Thursday, August 24, 2017 5:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>If I use a different system it opens properly. 

Are you using the same version of system as the different one? If the different system or Outlook on the different system is more updated, please try installing all available update for both your Windows and your Outlook and then see whether this issue continues.

Does this issue only happen to this specific OFT file or all OFT files you received?

Besides, please check whether you have one of the two following option enabled under File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Email Security > Read as Plain Text:

Try disabling both of the two options and then see whether this issue continues.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Friday, August 25, 2017 8:46 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 1, 2017 9:37 AM
    Friday, August 25, 2017 8:45 AM