none
DPM 2012 R2 IBM TS3200 3573, 2 drive dismount problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have DPM2012 R2 RU3 on win 2012 R2 and IBM TS3200 3573, 2 drives. Problem is that after backup job finishe, tape stays in a drive and i have to dismount it manualy. Does somene use the same tape library sucesfully, and what driver?

we tried newest drivers and firmware, but with no luck. I thing it is a driver problem, but don't know wich driver to use.

Friday, October 17, 2014 8:52 AM

Answers

• Problem was solved by connecting tape to physical server. On virtual server, we couldn't get tape to work proprely.
    • Marked as answer by Mari_o Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi

had nearly the same Issue with an IBM Drive.

Please try, maybe only one drive is affected and check your library.

in my case the Drive has been changed

Seidl Michael | http://www.techguy.at | twitter.com/techguyat | facebook.com/techguyat

Saturday, October 18, 2014 11:13 AM
  • Hi,

That library requires the following registry value - please add it is it's not present and retest a backup. 

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent DWORD: RSMCompatMode
    Value: 13 (Decimal)

If the problem re-occurs - please work with the vendor to diagnose the problem.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, October 18, 2014 4:53 PM
  • Problem was solved by connecting tape to physical server. On virtual server, we couldn't get tape to work proprely.
    • Marked as answer by Mari_o Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:31 PM