none
Surface Pro 6 - Microsoft Store Windows 10 Pro Upgrade, Shows Enterprise and non active RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All!

So I see a few threads on this topic but no solutions. I personally have just encountered this today, I went to the Microsoft App Store (Within Windows) to purchase Windows 10 Pro for development purposes. Purchase went through fine I received my receipt (no product key). After it finished it's process It now shows Windows 10 Enterprise and that it is an inactive invalid license (obviously, because I purchased Pro not Enterprise). I am not sure how it turned into Enterprise but it did. I have tried a complete reset of the PC (now I need to setup my development environment again) and it still shows as a non activated enterprise). I'm going to have to wait for the Microsoft phone tech support to open but I was wondering if anyone here has some insight or potential answers to this problem?

Thank you

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you purchased the Windows 10 Pro license from Microsoft App Store, then you will not get a product key.

However, the license is linked with your Microsoft account.

You can log in to your Microsoft account and try to activate by using Activation Troubleshooter

Using the Activation troubleshooter

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/20527/windows-10-activation-troubleshooter

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking to see if the information provided is helpful. 

If you need any further assistance, feel free to let us know. 

Best regards. 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Friday, September 27, 2019 9:09 AM