Shared Calendars / Room Lists and automatically forcing them to users based on Security Group Membership RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning all,

I need some help achieving the following in our Exchange 2013 Environment.  First off, we have Exchange 2013, but all our clients have Outlook 2010.

Here's what I would like to be able to do:

1) create/manage public calendars / rooms in exchange 2013

2) force these shared public calendars / rooms to users' calendars who are members of particular security groups

3) give edit permissions / "booking" permissions for the shared calendars so select users are able to make changes to the shared calendars, as well as accept/deny requests to "book" shared room calendars

Any one got any resources they can give to point me in the right direction?

I have already created two mailbox room resources, and have them set up in a room list in AD.  But need to know the above as far as creating a shared calendar for events, and forcing these calendars / room lists out to users based on security group membership.

I don't want my users to have to know how to add a shared calendar...that would be a nightmare explaining.  I just want it to show up.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:23 PM

All replies

• 1) I recommend using Room Mailboxes for resource calendars because it just works better.

2) This is a standard feature of a Room Mailbox.

3) You're pretty specific here, but I think this is also more or less available with a Room Mailbox combined with folder rights.

I don't know any way to just make them "show up".  You'll have to teach them.  Well written instructions can work wonders.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:45 PM