Windows-Journal Windows 7 Lenovo X200 Tablet pen not working RRS feed

• Question

Computer: Lenovo Thinkpad X200 Tablet

The pen works in Windows paint but not in the Windows-Journal.

Normally the mous pointer becomes a small dark dot when the mouse hovers over the Windows-Journal pane, but not in this case. 
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:50 PM

Answers

• I downloaded the file con5.05-7_int.exe from WACOM. This is a generic driver for TabletPCs running VISTA.

I installed the driver and it works with Windows 7 and the Lenovo X200 Tablet.

Problem solved.

Thank you for your support.

Friedel

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, October 26, 2009 12:57 AM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:23 PM

All replies

• Currently I am running again Vista. I installed Windows 7 on a new hard drive (2.5", 320 GB). I need a working pen for my lectures so I reinserted the old hard drive with Vista.

Basically there is not much to see. You only see the classicall mouse point if you move the pen and not the small black dot which indicates that the pen is waiting for input. It seems the communication between Windows 7 and the Windows-Journal does not work because the mouse pointer does not change its shape when it enters the drawing area.

The pen reacts to pressure (small ring) in the usual way and you can use it as a substitute for the mouse.  With a different pen I had the same problems.

I also had trouble at the beginning that Windows-Journal stopped working after a minute with an error message and restarted. But this seems to be an issue with Windows-Journal trying to load a previously edited *.jnt file which never existed on this new hard drive or looking at wrong places.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:24 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to restore Journal default settings to see how it works. BTW, how does the pen look like in Tablet Input PC Panel? Meanwhile, please check in the following registry to check the journal.jnt file:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jnt\jntfile\ShellNew

If there is more than one journal.jnt item, try to delete one and see how it works.

Note: pay attention to back up your registry before taking any modification. Incorrect modification may cause unrecoveralbe damage.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:22 AM
  • Resetting the Journal default settings did not help - at least not much. The 'shadow' of the pen on the drawing pane is now a small white circle plus a small pair of axes but not the small black dot which allows to draw on the pane.

When I place a red/green/blue... flag on the pane the pen cursor takes the shape of a flag but the moment I move the pen away from the pane the Journal program crashes.

I found these traces in the error protocoll:
    Application (Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung): Journal.exe, Version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc80a
    Name of modul (Name des fehlerhaften Moduls): MSPVWCTL.DLL, Version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda4e
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
    Fehleroffset: 0x00019ad5
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x179c
    starting time (Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung): 0x01ca53590eab04e9
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Windows Journal\Journal.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\Windows Journal\MSPVWCTL.DLL
    Report id (Berichtskennung): 57741c31-bf4c-11de-97b1-00234dfd160f
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:11 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that the MSPVWCTL.DLL file is corrupted. I recommend you to perform a Startup Repair from Windows 7 installation disc to fix this file. 

Best Regards
    Dale  
    Friday, October 23, 2009 9:52 AM
  • The problem is the WACOM driver for the pen (Digitizer/Touch driver for X200 Tablet), file 7wgf07ww.zip, on http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/WIN7-BETA.html

After a fresh install of Windows 7 Windows-Journal works perfectly if I use the mouse as drawing device. But the pen is not recognized as an input device by Windows-Journal and also by no other program.

If I install the driver for the pen the pen works in every other program but not in Windows-Journal and Windows-Journal crashes if I place one of these red auxiliary alert flags on the drawing pane.

Somehow do the WACOM drivers mess with the file MSPVWCTL.DLL

Saturday, October 24, 2009 12:12 PM
  • I downloaded the file con5.05-7_int.exe from WACOM. This is a generic driver for TabletPCs running VISTA.

I installed the driver and it works with Windows 7 and the Lenovo X200 Tablet.

Problem solved.

Thank you for your support.

Friedel

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, October 26, 2009 12:57 AM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:23 PM
  • I had this same problem, but was unable to find the file the OP mentioned.  I was also unable to get any driver available from WACOM's site to work properly.  In the end, I needed to download and install the Digitizer/Touch Driver that Lenovo released for the Windows 7 Beta.  This is just a rebranded WACOM driver, anyway.

It's available here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/WIN7-BETA.html#dtx200

I've also put the file on RapidShare in case Lenovo takes it down.  This link will probably die before Lenovo's will, but just in case: http://rapidshare.com/files/408730218/7wgf07ww.zip

Hope this helps someone else.

-Kybo_Ren

PS: Extra keyphrases to help google searches:

Windows Journal not working

Windows Journal mouse pointer instead of pen

Windows Journal inking stopped working

Windows Journal can't write tablet inking

Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:35 AM