none
MDT 2013 preview and Windows 8.1 RTM (from MSDN subscription) RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded MDT 2013 preview and required version of ADK and I was trying to import the Windows 8.1 RTM which is available to download in my MSDN subscription as a OS in the MDT.

However if I mount the iso file in my CD drive and try to import the DVD in MDT it errors out.

Surprisingly, I got file copy error when I tried to copy the DVD content  in a local folder too.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Many Thanks!

Sam

D_Sam

Monday, September 23, 2013 11:48 PM

All replies

• You don't list what the specific error is, only that you get a copy error.

You might be hitting the MAX_PATH limits of Windows.

Either:

1. Move your extract contents closer to the root of your drive. Either the Mounted ISO, or the Deployment Share.

or

2. Import only the *.wim file not the full sources.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Monday, September 23, 2013 11:53 PM
  • Thank you so much Keith and apologies for not posting the error message before.

I created a folder called "Extract" at the root of my C drive and after mounting the iso in Magic ISO, I copied all the content in the buffer and tried to paste in the "Extract" folder above and it is giving me the error per screen shot below:

Eventually it does same thing for 100's of more files.

I am not sure but this might be indication of incomplete download too!

Any thoughts?

I imported just the .wim file per your suggestion, but was unable to generate catalog file which is a known issue per release notes. What is alternate method to generate unattend.xml in such case?

Thank you again!

D_Sam

Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:01 AM