SCCM 2007 - Migration DP server from 2003 to 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning.
    In a SCCM2007 infrastructure, I have the need to migrate the existing DP servers (2003) withnew serverswithW2012 R2.
    The new servershaveat the momenta different hostname. The namemust bethe same atthe end of themigration.
    What arein detailthe steps to follow?

If this matter has already been dealt with in another forum, please tell me where I can find extensive information.

Thank you in advance.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:54 AM

Answers

• Good morning Gionata,

SCCM 2007 SP2 R3 doesn't support Windows Server 2012 or 2012 R2 as Distribution Point.

In the following link you can see that maximum OS version is 2008 R2 for DP.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee344146.aspx

To acomplish your needs, you can remove the DP role from SCCM console for that server. After, remove from ADDS moving to workgroup and after eliminate it.

Done it, install and add the new 2008 R2 server to ADDS with same name and after install DP role from SCCM Console.

Repeat for every 2003 DP server.

Regards

La respuesta se proporciona "TAL CUAL", sin garantías y no confiere derechos. Es recomendable probar siempre cualquier sugerencia en un entorno de prueba antes de implementar! This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Monday, April 25, 2016 11:18 AM