none
Project 2010 will not open .accdb file RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Project 2010 to open an Access 2000 database to pull out task name and date information.  I'd like to update to Access 2010 but it appears that Project 2010 doesn't support the .accdb file format.  Is there some way to open an .accdb file in Project 2010?
    Monday, November 28, 2011 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Jay,

I'm afraid you may be out of luck.  The only other proposal I could make is to create queries with the data in Access, save as Excel and then import.

Julie

Monday, November 28, 2011 7:22 PM

All replies

• It appears as though Project supports mdb files -- which is what your Access 2000 db should be.  If you have Access 2007, you should be able to save the accdb file to an mdb file format.

I hope this helps.

Julie

Monday, November 28, 2011 4:38 PM
  • Julie,

Sorry, I didn't explain my problem very clearly.  I'm actually using Access 2007.  I have a scheduling database that must be saved in .mdb format in order to allow me to open it with Project 2010.  But I also link the scheduling database to a timecard database that is in .accdb format which means I have to save the timecard database as an .mdb file for everything to work.  I'd like to be able to save all the database flles in the latest .accdb format.

Jay

Monday, November 28, 2011 7:03 PM
  • Hi Jay,

I'm afraid you may be out of luck.  The only other proposal I could make is to create queries with the data in Access, save as Excel and then import.

Julie

Monday, November 28, 2011 7:22 PM