Monitoring a Terminal Services Session RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft Developer Community,

I am developing a monitor for Terminal Services Sessions, which should display cpu usage, memory usage, IO usage, uptime, idle time and so on.

How to get the Terminal Services Session Performance counter instance name corresponding to a specific session id? I did not find any documentation on what rules the performance counterinstance names are generated.

It looks like the WindowStationName is the same as the instance name of the Terminal Services Session Performance Counter, except that the # is replaced with a whitespace. Is that correct?
    The WindowStationName could be retrieved using the WTS API.

thank you in advance
    mfe

• Moved by Lisa Zhu Friday, November 16, 2012 8:14 AM not C# thread (From:Visual C# General)
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi mfe,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum. I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Lisa Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, November 16, 2012 8:11 AM
  • Hello mfe,

it seems so. didn't find documentation but it did match in the quick look i took on our machines. all the commands like "qwinsta" or "query session" have the number sign, the perfmon counters corresponding but with space.

You can try http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/perfmon/threads and see if someone knows about a definate documentation about it.

Florian

Friday, November 16, 2012 3:36 PM
    Answerer