none
PS2013 Timer Job missing "Project Server: Synchronization of AD with security groups for" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I configured security group synchronization with Active Directory groups as described on technet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg750243.aspx

And want to schedule Active Directory synchronization to PWA security groups, but i cannot find timer job in SPS central administration "Project Server: Synchronization of AD with security groups for <PWAIntanceName>" to schedule synchronization.

Enterprise Resource Pool synchronization working fine and timer job "Project Web App: Synchronization of AD with the Enterprise Resource Pool job for <PWA site name>" exist on server.

Happy PS2013 owners! Anyone who have already configured synchronization please check problem described above. Big Thanks!

• Edited by bratgera Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:16 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 12:12 PM

All replies

• Bratgera,

Did you select option  schedule and run on group synchronization?  In Project Server, all scheduled timer jobs are created only when one  particular job is configured to run periodically.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:08 AM
  • Thanks!

What option/button you exactly mean ? Is this option/button noted on technet page ? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg750243.aspx

Did you mean "Save and synchronize Now" button on "Manage groups" page, in options "Active Directory group sync options" ? Yes we use this button to manually synchronize ps groups with AD groups. As you can see on scr - synchronization work fine, but timer job is missing and we cannot schedule synchonization.

Monday, February 18, 2013 5:49 AM
  • Any help on this issue ?

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:53 AM
  • Hello,

i have same problem.

Do you have a solution ?

Best regards

Mysonemo Consultant SharePoint

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:27 PM
  • In Project Server 2013, scheduling options is moved to SPS central administration.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982985.aspx

Check the "Schedule Enterprise Resource Pool synchronization" section in the above article.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:29 PM
  • I have same issue. 

In CA > Timer job > Review job definition, it has Project Web App: Synchronization of AD with the Enterprise Resource Pool job for <PWA site name>

But doesn't have Project Server: Synchronization of AD with security groups for <PWAIntanceName>.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:51 AM
  • Hi,

I also have the same issue. I add the ad Group and save, but when I go back to the security Group the AD Group is gone!

In CA I can't find the Project Server: Synchronization of AD with security groups for XXXX either.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Project Server timer job "Synchronization of AD with security groups" don't exist.

So I created job in Task Scheduler of Project Server OS, that every day start PowerShell-script:

if ((Get-PSSnapin | where {$_.Name -eq "Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell"}) -eq $null)
    {
      Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell
    }
    Invoke-SPProjectActiveDirectoryGroupSync –Url http://project/pwa
    Security groups of Project Server automatically synchronize with groups from AD!
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:45 AM
  • Hi Sriram,

For all of the folks below, myself included, that can't find this timer job, is there a hotfix or update from MS on this?  I do not have the option of using a manually created powershell job. 

As everyone stated, this job "Project Server: Synchronization of AD with security groups" cannot be found in Review Job Definitions within CA.  The only AD sync job is "Project Server: Synchronization of AD with Enterprise Resource Pool job for <pwa instance>"

Can you tell us, does this job also sync Security Groups, or do we need to manually sync using the "Save & Synchronize Now" button from within Server Settings in PWA?

Thanks,

Nate

Friday, November 22, 2013 10:53 PM
  • It looks like it's the same issue we're waiting on to be fixed in the elusive (mythical ?) October CU:

"Although you can set up Active Directory group synchronization in Project Server 2013, the timer process never starts, and the security groups are never synchronized."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2887714

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it'll be fixed if and when we can get hold of the CU.

/Lars Hammarberg, www.connecta.se

//Lars Hammarberg www.dovregroup.com Gold Certified Partner

Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:54 PM
  • Hi Lars!

We've also found the same issue, and I've installed the SharePoint 2013 October 2013 Full CU, and the individual update for Project Server, but we still don't have the timer job.

Have you tried the CU yet?

Hope all is well

David.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:42 PM
  • And just to clarify, I have run the sharepoint config wizard, rebooted and re-provisioned the PWA instance with no effect
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:52 PM
  • Hi again,

I have retested this again, and now there is an extra option in the AD Group Sync options, which includes the ability to set the "Enable Schedule Synchronization"  I cannot explain why the option has suddenly appeared.  I thoroughly checked this last week and the option was not there!

This then creates the missing Timer Job (for me at least!) in SharePoint Central Administration

Can anyone else confirm that this is resolved - then we can mark the thread as answered.

thanks

David.

• Edited by David Hans Monday, December 16, 2013 1:40 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, ticking the "Enable Schedule Synchronization" checkbox created the timerjobs in central admin.

Cheers

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:58 AM