updating a table with power query RRS feed

• Question

• I have a text file that I update and I want to copy it into another file periodically. Is there a way that power query can do this so I don't have to manually do it each time? Thanks. 
    Sunday, February 5, 2017 9:49 AM

Answers

• Excel can copy it to an Excel file. Assuming you want it to be in a text file (you didn't say), then you could use vba to save it, or manually save as a text file.

Self Service BI Expert using Power Pivot http://exceleratorbi.com.au

Sunday, February 5, 2017 11:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi AlexMartini, 

You want to create a schedule to copy a text file to another periodically using Power Query, right? If it is, you’d better post it to Power Query forum, there you will get professional support. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 2:31 AM

All replies

• Excel can copy it to an Excel file. Assuming you want it to be in a text file (you didn't say), then you could use vba to save it, or manually save as a text file.

Self Service BI Expert using Power Pivot http://exceleratorbi.com.au

Sunday, February 5, 2017 11:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi AlexMartini, 

You want to create a schedule to copy a text file to another periodically using Power Query, right? If it is, you’d better post it to Power Query forum, there you will get professional support. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 2:31 AM