none
MAP 4.0.2925.0 can't connect to WinXP and WinXP x64 running in VMWare Workstation RRS feed

• Question

• The problem description:
    Run Envirement of MAP 4.0.2925.0: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edtion CHS
    Plan to connect to envirement: Windows XP Professional CHS and Windows XP x64 En running in VMWare Workstaion

I try to use MAP to connect the clients runing that OSs in VMWare, but failed.
    And I faced the same problem that one blog asked, when use MAP to detect Windows Server 2003 R2 Enpterise Edition CHS.  It reported "Unknown - Cannot Determine CPU Address Width", so the computer data marked as "insufficent data".

Monday, September 14, 2009 7:53 AM

All replies

• Ms Lucky.

I’m confused about your issue.  Or maybe we are misunderstand the issues…

Are you saying you’re having a connection issue?  Have you conducted the steps outlined in the getting started guide for preparing your environment?

The other issue you motioned was a reporting issue which you should not be able to get to if you are in fact have connection issues.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Eric

Monday, September 14, 2009 4:47 PM
  • Thanks for your answer.

I have conducted the stepse outlined in the "getting stared guide" and "Trobleshooting Topics" in the Help. But couldn't solve those problems.

Issue 1:  Windows XP (32bit edition, Chinese Language) and Windows XP (x64 edition, English Language) that running in VMWare Workstation,  MAP can't connect (report connect failed)
    Issue 2:  Window Server 2003 R2 (32 edtion, Chinese Language), MAP connect succesfully, but report "Unknown - Cannot Determine CPU Address Width". I try about 3 computers, and MAP report the same issue.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 2:39 AM

• Ok I understand now, two separate issues on two separate machines…

Issue 1:  Windows XP (32bit edition, Chinese Language) and Windows XP (x64 edition, English Language) that running in VMWare Workstation,  MAP can't connect (report connect failed)

-      Please attempt to run WBEMTEST and confirm that that tool can actually connect to some of the machines that are timing out.  Instructions: http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=8366ca64-6edf-4a98-9e24-ccf8b78a4b55

Issue 2:  Window Server 2003 R2 (32 edition, Chinese Language), MAP connect successfully, but report "Unknown - Cannot Determine CPU Address Width". I try about 3 computers, and MAP report the same issue.

-      Unfortunately you are encountering a known issue with WMI incorrectly reporting CPU address with those OS.  Apparently there is an issue regarding confusing OS CPU and architecture CPU.  This is not a fix for this issue at this time.

Let us know the results of your wbemtest tool run for issue 1.

Thanks,

Eric

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:29 PM