none
Provisioning store app in enterprise image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are creating corporate images for Win81 using MDT 2013.

As I understand there is no way to add store apps, if you don't have the .appx to the image.

What's the best way to add for instance the Microsoft Remote Desktop app?

I guess this will have to be via a deep link url? (store:PDP?PFN=Microsoft.RemoteDesktop_8wekyb3d8bbwe), and in that case, how can I add this link to the start screen?

• Edited by Bpe82 Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:56 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:56 AM

Answers

• One of the cool things I have noticed with Windows 8.1 (I don't know if this feature was present in Windows 8.0). is the syncing of the Start Screen across devices.

One of the side affects of syncing across devices is that if you have Remote Desktop in your start page *and* it's not installed locally, it will auto-install the application when you click on it for the first time.

This may go counter to most established IT best-practices where an *image* is pre-loaded with every necessary Business IT application before hand. But this is the model that Microsoft is moving towards with Windows 8.1 "modern" applications (for better or worse).

If you want to know how to "inject" tiles into a common start screen, I recommend this blog post:

http://keithga.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/windows-8-1-start-screen-behind-the-scenes/

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Monday, November 4, 2013 3:43 AM