IE 10 Preview disaster RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please tell me why when I downloaded IE 10 preview, to my Windows 7 64bit running machine, did my screen go black and I had to load a system image??? Please and Thank You.

D. Fitch

Saturday, February 23, 2013 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To download IE 10, you can refer to the following link according to the language:

Download Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-languages

After you download it, you can install IE10 anytime you want. In addition, if you turned on the UAC, maybe the black secure message will received.

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:56 AM
  • The final version of IE10 for Win7 was released today. The download link Vincent Wang provided now downloads that version rather than the preview.

I had some minor glitches running the Preview. I haven't had time to verify this, but the final version seemed to not give the errors.

I doubt that will help FitchyNo1 much, though. I'd guess that the bad install of the preview had something to do with a badly messed-up Win7 installation. (Maybe the Win7 re-install from an image fixed that, if the image was of a good installation.)

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:22 AM

All replies

• If I had a functional crystal ball I might be able to acquire the information, but mine is not working at the moment.  Do you know why?

I have had the IE 10 running on my 64-bit Windows 7 for some time and have never had a problem with it.

Let me know if you have a solution for my crystal ball.  I sure would like to get it working again!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by FitchyNo1 Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:04 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by FitchyNo1 Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:04 PM
    Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:26 PM
  • Hi,

To download IE 10, you can refer to the following link according to the language:

Download Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-languages

After you download it, you can install IE10 anytime you want. In addition, if you turned on the UAC, maybe the black secure message will received.

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:56 AM
  • The final version of IE10 for Win7 was released today. The download link Vincent Wang provided now downloads that version rather than the preview.

I had some minor glitches running the Preview. I haven't had time to verify this, but the final version seemed to not give the errors.

I doubt that will help FitchyNo1 much, though. I'd guess that the bad install of the preview had something to do with a badly messed-up Win7 installation. (Maybe the Win7 re-install from an image fixed that, if the image was of a good installation.)

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:22 AM