none
Consistency check fails with ID 2036 with Win7 client computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I've been trying to set up DPM to protect some client computers. It mostly works, but with a few of the systems, it has stopped syncing after a several weeks of working just fine. The error it keeps reporting is similar to this (text in <> edited by me):

Type: Consistency check

Description: The Operation failed since DPM was unable to access the file/folder c:\users\<username>\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\<projectname>\Publish\ on <DPMServer.domain>. This could be due to the file/folder being corrupt or the file system on the volume being corrupt. (ID 2036 Details: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable (0x80070570))

More information
    End time: 2011-09-19 11:08:13Start time: 2011-09-19 11:04:01
    Time elapsed: 00:04:12
    Data transferred: 2,43 MB
    Cluster node -Source details: <computername.domain>\User data
    Protection group: Exor Clients
    Items scanned: 14845
    Items fixed: 0

Sometimes, it seems to get stuck on a file that has even been deleted from the source computer.

I've tried removing and adding the computers to the group, and re-installed the DPM client. I also followed the instructions to find the GUID of the replica volume and ran chkdsk /f on it with no errors. I have not defined any folders in the protection group, instead letting each user select folders. The users are developers, so they tend to have files scattered all across the drive. All user accounts are local admins on their systems. Other protection groups like SQL and file servers work fine. Any ideas what's going on?

Monday, September 19, 2011 9:30 AM

Answers

• Hello Jimmi,

Have you run chkdsk /f on the client?

Do the clients have any anti virus software? If so test excluding the folder from being scanned by the a/v software.

Thanks,

Marc

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:54 PM

All replies

• Hello Jimmi,

Have you run chkdsk /f on the client?

Do the clients have any anti virus software? If so test excluding the folder from being scanned by the a/v software.

Thanks,

Marc

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:54 PM
  • Hi Jimmi,

Have you tried the steps in my last post? Are you still having an issue?

Thanks,

Marc

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:17 PM