Delete Third Party SCUP Updates Using WSUS Cleanup Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Will the WSUS server cleanup wizard remove Adobe updates that are expired or just Windows updates? I have some third party updates in SCCM that are expired and was going to run the cleanup wizard and then do a full software sync in SCCM to remove them from the console. I know I can wait until 14 days or so for the automatic process to run and remove them but I'm trying to do it manually.

Friday, May 8, 2015 12:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

All the Adobe updates will be removed. Please check the important note in the following article.

"If you choose to remove unneeded content with the Server Cleanup Wizard, all the private update files that you have downloaded from the Catalog Site will be removed as well. You will need to re-import these files after running the Server Cleanup Wizard."

Using the Server Cleanup Wizard

Best Regards,

Joyce

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joyce L Wednesday, May 20, 2015 7:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Joyce L Friday, May 22, 2015 2:58 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

All the Adobe updates will be removed. Please check the important note in the following article.

"If you choose to remove unneeded content with the Server Cleanup Wizard, all the private update files that you have downloaded from the Catalog Site will be removed as well. You will need to re-import these files after running the Server Cleanup Wizard."

Using the Server Cleanup Wizard

Best Regards,

Joyce

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joyce L Wednesday, May 20, 2015 7:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Joyce L Friday, May 22, 2015 2:58 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 6:52 AM
  • So this means any third party catalogs you imported into SCUP will be gone? Are they classified as unneeded even though some are current and published to WSUS?
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

I consulted someone works on WSUS, he said yes. I haven't try it.

Best Regards,

Joyce

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:55 AM