none
run menu command to open ipv4 properties on NIC directly RRS feed

• Question

• hi friends

in windows 2008, to set ip address in GUI, we need to run ncpa.cpl, select NIC, properties, select ipv4 , select settings. as we see this is a long process.

is there any trick so that we right something in run menu & system directly open ipv4 properties which provides us ip address page?

for example somthing like this----> ncpa.cpl:NIC:ipv4

thanks in advance

Saturday, September 27, 2014 8:38 AM

Answers

• cmd /k netdom join localhost /domain:test.local /userD:test\admin /password........
    shutdown -i
    systempropertiesadvanced

Your examples are console commands. On any Windows 7 machine, have a look at the .vbs files located in the System32 folder. These are scripts. They bear no resemblance to console commands. This forum deals with VBScripts and PowerShell scripts. It does not usually deal with console commands.

Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:48 PM

All replies

• I am sorry but you are posting in the wrong forum.  This is an admin scripting forum and not a general Windows user forum.

To open any CPL directly just type it inot the run box.

Post here for more detailed instructions on how to access "Run" and other standard features of the Windows interface: http://answers.microsoft.com

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:14 AM
  • I am sorry but you are posting in the wrong forum.  This is an admin scripting forum and not a general Windows user forum.

To open any CPL directly just type it inot the run box.

Post here for more detailed instructions on how to access "Run" and other standard features of the Windows interface: http://answers.microsoft.com

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hi thanks for advice

about your sentence " To open any CPL directly just type it inot the run box." , i think you didn't get my mean.

if we type in ncpa.cpl, it opens netwrok connections windows & not the ipv4 properties on our NIC.

my question is clear enough 

thank anyway

Saturday, September 27, 2014 12:09 PM
  • Yu need to ask basic user interface "how to" questions in the link I  posted above.  They will refer you to the correct documentation and resources necessary to your understanding of the issue.

Again - this forum is for technicians and administrators and not for end user assistance.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saturday, September 27, 2014 2:44 PM
  • Yu need to ask basic user interface "how to" questions in the link I  posted above.  They will refer you to the correct documentation and resources necessary to your understanding of the issue.

Again - this forum is for technicians and administrators and not for end user assistance.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

end user? heh, very ridiculous deduction. how did you conclude that? 

i am an administrator with about 10 years of expertise. 

that's a nice question which maybe few people know the answer.

so when we don't know the answer, we are not forced to tell something which is basically wrong

• Proposed as answer by Frederik Long Saturday, September 27, 2014 6:50 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Frederik Long Saturday, September 27, 2014 6:50 PM
    Saturday, September 27, 2014 6:45 PM
  • i am an administrator with about 10 years of expertise.

As an admin with 10 years of experience, how would you define a "script" within the context of Windows?
    Saturday, September 27, 2014 6:52 PM
  • i am an administrator with about 10 years of expertise.

As an admin with 10 years of experience, how would you define a "script" within the context of Windows?

for example in this way:

example1: in run menu:  cmd /k netdom join localhost /domain:test.local /userD:test\admin /password........

example2: in run menu:  shutdown -i

example 3: in run menu: systempropertiesadvanced -----> directly opens advanced system properties  (so maybe something like this exist so that by typing it, we directly access general tab of ipv4 options of NIC)

& so on.

it it enough for you? 

(how many years of experience do YOU have now?  :-D   )

PLEASE DON'T DISPUTE. LET ADMINISTRATORS WHO KNOW SOMETHING USEFUL REPLY THAT. I DON'T HAVE EXTRA TIME TO WASTE ON SUCH DISCUSSIONS

• Edited by john.s2011 Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:28 PM
    Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:27 PM
  • cmd /k netdom join localhost /domain:test.local /userD:test\admin /password........
    shutdown -i
    systempropertiesadvanced

Your examples are console commands. On any Windows 7 machine, have a look at the .vbs files located in the System32 folder. These are scripts. They bear no resemblance to console commands. This forum deals with VBScripts and PowerShell scripts. It does not usually deal with console commands.

Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Those are not scripts they are command lines.

As an administrator with 10 years of experience you should know that there is no simple way to do what you ask.  You can write a script to allow a user to view the network properties of any adapter or configuration but you cannot have NCPA open to a specific adapter's property page. No one is wasting your time.  You are asking a question that cannot be answered.  What you want to do cannot be done.

You should also spend a bit of time looking into what scripting is.  It is not how to type a command in the "Run" menu box.

I have over 30 years experience.  I have heard this same question from new users many tmes as have most of use here.  It is hard to think that an trained and certified Windows Nertwork and system sadminitrator could make this mistake.

Try searching the web and you will see how many times this question has been asked by new users with not results.

I recommend starting here as you will begin to understand why this is as you learn how to write an administrative script.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/dd793612.aspx

And don't get mad.  Even people who have managed their own office computers can be successful without training.  Windows is designed for simplicity until you have to do something technical then it is as bad as trying to fix your own plumbing.  Either get a do it yourself plumbing book or hire a plumber.  You cannot guess at how to replace a soil line or how to repair a furnace.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:50 PM
  • is there any trick so that we right something in run menu & system directly open ipv4 properties which provides us ip address page?

No; there's no shortcut like that.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Monday, September 29, 2014 2:22 PM
  • is there any trick so that we right something in run menu & system directly open ipv4 properties which provides us ip address page?

No; there's no shortcut like that.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

The best answer.

I wished there is an option to rate "not helpful" for not helpful answers.

Ninjago_2224

Monday, March 21, 2016 2:19 PM