none
Windows Defender Update installed April 7, 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Every since my computer received the April 7, 2016 "Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.217.854.0)" my scanner can no longer send documents to my computer.  I have a Sharp AR-M257 copier/scanner/fax and it is wirelessly connected to my computer.  Is there a setting that I need to adjust to allow the copier to access my computer?
    Friday, April 15, 2016 2:25 PM

Answers

• This question was answered by my copier service guy.  Thanks for all the offers of help.
    • Marked as answer by mjhenneke Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:39 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:39 PM

All replies

• I don't think definition update cause this problem, however you may try update your scanner and if problem persist, contact their support.
    Friday, April 15, 2016 4:25 PM
  • Hi mjhenneke,

Are there any detailed error messages when Sharp AR-M257 copier/scanner/fax failed to connected to your computer?

I don’t think this update could cause the issue to your Fax Connections.

The aspects that it might be affect should be the Windows Security configurations, you might need to check the firewall settings to see if this blocks the connection.

Or, uninstall this update temporarily, to verify.

If the issue persists, here are some general solutions we could try at least

1. right-click the scanner then select Troubleshoot to have a diagnostic
    2. uninstall the scanner driver, then reinstall again
    3.  remove this device and configure it again to have a test.

Path: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

If the issue still persists after re-configuration, it is suggested to contact to the Sharp support for suitable solutions.

They are more familiar with their products, they may have more suggestions for you.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 18, 2016 10:04 AM
  • try to turn off and on the scanner

I suggest you contact manufactured for best answer

• Edited by britishdhez Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:55 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:55 AM
  • My copier service guy says that I have a problem with my AT&T router.  He directly connected the scanner/copier to the router and was able to make that work.  Thanks for your assistance!
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:33 PM
  • My copier service guy says that I have a problem with my AT&T router.  He directly connected the scanner/copier to the router and was able to make that work.  Thanks for your assistance!
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:33 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:34 PM
  • This question was answered by my copier service guy.  Thanks for all the offers of help.
    • Marked as answer by mjhenneke Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:39 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:39 PM