Adding script into DynamicConfig.xml in App-V 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In App-V 4.6, to add a script, we’d open the relevant .osd file & add it under the dependency tags.

In case of App-V 5.0, this is an example of CS6-Flash_DeploymentConfig.xml

Where would I insert this script & how?

<SCRIPT TIMING=”PRE” EVENT=”LAUNCH” WAIT=”TRUE” PROTECT=”TRUE”>
    <SCRIPTBODY>
    C:\CS6-Flash\CS6-Flash-Serial\AdobeSerialization.exe adobe_prtk ––tool=VolumeSerialize ––provfile=C:\CS6-Flash\CS6-Flash-Serial\prov.xml
    < /SCRIPTBODY>
    < /SCRIPT>

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:15 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

In App-V 4.6, to add a script, we’d open the relevant .osd file & add it under the dependency tags.

In case of App-V 5.0, this is an example of CS6-Flash_DeploymentConfig.xml

Where would I insert this script & how?

<SCRIPT TIMING=”PRE” EVENT=”LAUNCH” WAIT=”TRUE” PROTECT=”TRUE”>
    <SCRIPTBODY>
    C:\CS6-Flash\CS6-Flash-Serial\AdobeSerialization.exe adobe_prtk ––tool=VolumeSerialize ––provfile=C:\CS6-Flash\CS6-Flash-Serial\prov.xml
    < /SCRIPTBODY>
    < /SCRIPT>

Hi Sh1va

Here is an off topic question. Are you serializing a trial packet or are the packet build in AAMEE? If AAMEE witch version?

I am are having difficulties running that packet with a script similar to yours.

Best regards

Morten Norgaard

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:55 AM
  • Did someone got a solution for this issue...? please help

Sunday, February 22, 2015 6:31 PM
  • Hello,

The links provided above are very well written articles which explains the process of how scripts are implemented in App-V 5.

I suggest that if you have issues a new thread would be the appropiate place to express this - however for anyone to assist you in an effective and helpful manner perhaps sharing your current work attempted, what have been achieved so far and what issues you are experiecing would be a good starting point.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Sunday, February 22, 2015 7:58 PM