Error laying down images RRS feed

• Question

• Had to go through the steps described with the 8007... error where you copy the files to the local hard drive and start setup that way.  When it gets to extracting the files (15%), I get a message stating "Error laying down images" and it won't go any farther.  I've got a 160GB drive with one big partition, had a 20 gb partition but thought maybe it was too small or something.

Any one else had this isse?  I've verified the iso and there are no errors.  Also there are no errors when I copy the files to the hard drive.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:42 PM

All replies

• I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  It's a brand-new Acer system with 160 GB of disk space.  It's supposed to be "Vista Capable" so the sticker says.  

I checked my ISO too.  I'm anxious to hear what MS says.
    Friday, June 23, 2006 12:33 AM
  • I'm going to try the installing on a separate partition thing and see what happens.  I'll let you know...although that's a horrible way to have to do it...thankfully this is only a beta...
    Friday, June 23, 2006 1:27 PM
  • i am also having the same problem. i've tried both the fresh install and the upgrade, i have the same problem regardless. let me know if you have any luck. thanks.
    Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:27 PM
  • No luck, still errors out even copying the files onto the new partition and trying from there.  This time I get that 800...... error that's pretty popular.

oh well, looks like it's gonna have to wait til the next beta...

Monday, June 26, 2006 1:59 PM