Microsoft Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 10 and have not had any problems with Word 2013.  Until tonight.  I can't get Word to open at all no matter what I do.  Everything else from office opens and works great.  What can I do to fix this?
    Friday, June 17, 2016 12:06 AM

Answers

• Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Start > Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)?

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, June 17, 2016 2:44 AM
  • Have you ever made any changes to your system recently?

Try to start Word in safe mode, and see if that works. This will help to determine whether the issue was caused by any third party add-ins:

Press Win + R and type "winword.exe /safe" in the blank box, then press Enter.

Also, check this article for more troubleshooting steps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/921541

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 17, 2016 3:42 AM

All replies

• Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Start > Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)?

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, June 17, 2016 2:44 AM
  • Have you ever made any changes to your system recently?

Try to start Word in safe mode, and see if that works. This will help to determine whether the issue was caused by any third party add-ins:

Press Win + R and type "winword.exe /safe" in the blank box, then press Enter.

Also, check this article for more troubleshooting steps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/921541

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 17, 2016 3:42 AM