Microsoft Management Console has stopped working - Locale ID: 1033 RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon.  I am having issue with a new file server I am building with Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1.  Last week it was operating as expected and all of a sudden this week I can't even log on.  If I use my network administrator log on it hangs up at a blue screen, if I log on locally I have what appears to be the typical desktop and functionality, however access is denied to EVERYTHING.  If I attempt to open server manager I receive the message Microsoft Management Console has stopped working.  I cannot even open any logs to see what could have caused the problem. 

I ran sfc /scannow and received the message that access was denied to repair any system files.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Friday, May 13, 2011 6:47 PM

Answers

• It appears that I have resolved the issue.  Somehow the permissions on the windows\Registration folder conflicted with certain operations, like almost everything.  Now that I was able to reset the permissions all appears to be operating as expected.
    • Marked as answer by memAPL Friday, May 13, 2011 8:22 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 8:21 PM

All replies

• It appears that I have resolved the issue.  Somehow the permissions on the windows\Registration folder conflicted with certain operations, like almost everything.  Now that I was able to reset the permissions all appears to be operating as expected.
    • Marked as answer by memAPL Friday, May 13, 2011 8:22 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 8:21 PM
  • Glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Cheers.

Monday, May 16, 2011 3:08 AM