Sharing One Drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I am managing 10 users within Microsoft 365 each users has their own one drive. I would like to cerate a shared one drive that some users can access and others can't. But I do not want to share any of the 'personal' stuff on each users one drive. Consider it like an eleventh one drive! How could I do this? Do I need to take out a further subscription? Can I give up some storeage of each of the other accounts?
    Friday, February 21, 2020 12:23 PM

All replies

• Use SharePoint Online Sites for that.
    Friday, February 21, 2020 6:04 PM
  • Hi,

If you want to share files to a specific location with unique permissions, it is better to use SharePoint sites instead of OneDrive, as Vasil L. Michev suggests.

You can still share files and folders from personal OneDrive to specific users using the Share button. The shared files will be listed under the Shared catalog in the left navigation. That’s all OneDrive can provide, and you do not need a further subscription.

Each SharePoint Online plan has a limit number of OneDrive storage for each user, which cannot and does not need to be given up. The unused storage will not do any influence on the performance of your tenant.

Here are your references.

Share OneDrive files and folders.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

Compare SharePoint Online options.

https://products.office.com/en-us/sharepoint/compare-sharepoint-plans

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, February 24, 2020 7:33 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:58 AM