applications like impala odbc drive -what steps to be taken care during sequencing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I tried to sequence the impala ODBC driver app in app-v 5 and it is putting shortcut pointing to odbacd32.exe.

i was able to create user DSN successfully but when i tried to test it with MS access..it failed because it could not fetch the DSN as that was in virtual bubble.i also tried to export that user DSN and import them in locally at that point when i tried to test the MS access it throwed an error that ODBC driver not found.

Regarding ODBC drive applications ,may you please suggest what extra care we have to take during sequencing.

This application will interact with MS access and other applications as well.

Please can you suggest.

Umeed4u

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:07 PM

All replies

• If access is not virtualized, with other words, is a local installations it needs to hook into your virtual application (otherwise it has no awareness of its presence). There are a couple of options you've got here:
    1) while sequencing the application, create shortcuts to those local apps. At publishing times the /appvve hook-switch will be added as an argument to the shortcut (and it's exe) you are created.
    2) User Runvirtual
    Check out this article for more info.

If those applications are also virtualized, you need to create connection groups.

Roy Essers

Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:23 PM