Office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am new to the sequencing office 2010 application as it is having different licensing system , i.e KMS & MAK.

My customer is using MAK licensing system.

I have heard something like "<!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Install the Deployment Kit on the virtualization client in the same way it was installed on the sequencer".

Do i need to pass the same serial number to OfficeVirt.msi PIDKEYS=seriakey USEROPERATIONS=0.I am installing the deployment kit in the client also with the same parameters.Is this process correct or not?...Kindly confirm.

And also please confirm that i can activate the KMS activation later if KMS host has been configured?

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Monday, December 20, 2010 11:49 AM

Answers

• We have an Office 2010 that we use for stand alone installations with MAK activation.  For it, we use the following commands in the Deployment kit: 

msiexec /i Offvirt.msi PROPLUS=1 PIDKEYS=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX USEROPERATIONS=1

We also have an Office 2010 package for our network attached clients that uses KMS licensing. For it, we use the following commands in the Deployment kit:

msiexec /i Offvirt.msi PROPLUS=1 VISIOPREM=1 PROJECTPRO=1 PROJECTSTD=1 PUBLISHER=1 

SPD=1 KMSSERVICENAME="FQDN of KMS SERVER" KMSSERVICEPORT=1688

I have not tried it, but I believe that you can move from MAK to KMS in the future but you would need to uninstall the Deployment kit and reinstall it with the KMS commands.

-Becky

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:50 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 5:02 PM

All replies

• We have an Office 2010 that we use for stand alone installations with MAK activation.  For it, we use the following commands in the Deployment kit: 

msiexec /i Offvirt.msi PROPLUS=1 PIDKEYS=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX USEROPERATIONS=1

We also have an Office 2010 package for our network attached clients that uses KMS licensing. For it, we use the following commands in the Deployment kit:

msiexec /i Offvirt.msi PROPLUS=1 VISIOPREM=1 PROJECTPRO=1 PROJECTSTD=1 PUBLISHER=1 

SPD=1 KMSSERVICENAME="FQDN of KMS SERVER" KMSSERVICEPORT=1688

I have not tried it, but I believe that you can move from MAK to KMS in the future but you would need to uninstall the Deployment kit and reinstall it with the KMS commands.

-Becky

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:50 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 5:02 PM
  • Hello Becky,

Thanks for the reply...I got the solution and will inform to my customer the same.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 5:15 AM