getting certificate from ca server RRS feed

• Question

• i installed an active directory that includes a ca server and i install iis too , i have another server that the is in the same sub net and class with the active directory i want to

get a certificate that i already made its template in ca server i browse the ie and i typed // ip of the ca server/certsrv after that a page comes and i enter the username

and the pass of ca server and then a page comes that have 3 choice i chose the create and submit a request to the ca . the next page i chose my template and i dont

change anything in this page and i go to next page and this comment comes The disposition message is "Error Constructing or Publishing Certificate". what should i do?

Saturday, April 2, 2011 10:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,Amir,

You can download the CA certificate(or certificate chain) and import it to the another server.

Pleas refer this following link on how to download and import a certificate.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412750.aspx

Hope this useful!

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by amir.h Saturday, April 9, 2011 5:00 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 3:31 AM

All replies

• You could just try to open the MMC on the server that you want the cert on, open certificate for the local computer in the mmc, and right click and choose request new certificate.

I cant remember the exact steps now but i hope you get the idea.

Best Regards // Tommy Clarke - Please follow me @ Blog
    and Twitter
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 11:12 AM
  • Hi,Amir,

You can download the CA certificate(or certificate chain) and import it to the another server.

Pleas refer this following link on how to download and import a certificate.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412750.aspx

Hope this useful!

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by amir.h Saturday, April 9, 2011 5:00 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 3:31 AM