When trying to open(double click) .exe files that requires run as administrator , nothing happens, Only when i run it as administartor its work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello !

I have window 8.1 pro

this problem happened after installing VMware 12

I reinstall windows and I still have same problem please help me

only files that requires run as administrator like setups and system files (Task manager/ msconfig / others  )

thanks

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Wshear Sorani,

According to your description, I think you ever adjusted User Account Control settings.

Please go to search box and type UAC, select change user account control settings, if you have chosen Never notify, change it into other option, I suggest to choose Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer.

Also, we can run Process monitor to see if there is any access denied error when double click to open exe file. Get this tools from here.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Meanwhile, if you use a program frequently, you could tick Run this program as an administrator in Compatibility tab, like this picture below.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Thank you for your reply I did all u said to me
    but I still have same problem

i formatted my pc and i still have same problem

can hardware cause those problems ?

i used my pc for more then 4000 hours and never saw like this problem
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 3:07 PM
  • Hi Sorani,

You are welcome, you mean that you formatted your machine and reinstall system?

If so, scenario seemed really odd. From our experience, current issue should be linked to UAC, as we know, hardware issue doesn’t influence permission, so I think it shouldn’t be caused by hardware issue.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 5, 2016 1:21 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:43 AM