MSDTC issue. How to solve this ? RRS feed

• Question

• The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_Procedures_dbo_Custom" with URL "mssql://devsrv01//test?". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"System.Transactions.TransactionManagerCommunicationException: Network access for Distributed Transaction Manager (MSDTC) has been disabled. Please enable DTC for network access in the security configuration for MSDTC using the Component Services Administrative tool. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D024)

MBH

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

MSDTC N/W has to be enabled from Component Services>>My Computer>>Security Configuration on SQL box:
    Following should be enabled + MSDTC application in Windows Firewall

Check this article:

https://technet.microsoft.com/it-it/library/cc753620(v=ws.10).aspx

Following should be enabled:

Network DTC Access
    Under Client and Administration
      Allow Remote Clients
      Allow Remote Administration 
    Under Transaction Manager Communication
      Allow Inbound
      Allow Outbound
      No Authentication Required 
      Enale XA Transactions

Regards PK: Please mark the reply as answer or vote it up, as deemed fit.

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:35 PM
  • Yes, I enabled all those but still receiving this error

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_Procedures_dbo_Custom" with URL "mssql://devsrv01//test?". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"System.Transactions.TransactionManagerCommunicationException: Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The MSDTC transaction manager was unable to push the transaction to the destination transaction manager due to communication problems. Possible causes are: a firewall is present and it doesn't have an exception for the MSDTC process, the two machines cannot find each other by their NetBIOS names, or the support for network transactions is not enabled for one of the two transaction managers. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D02A)

MBH

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:41 PM
  • Hi,

Noticed this in your error: firewall is present and it doesn't have an exception for the MSDTC process

MSDTC application in Windows Firewall should be enabled

Regards PK: Please mark the reply as answer or vote it up, as deemed fit.

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:43 PM
  • so what should I do now to fix this ?

Do I need to touch base with admin ? If so what exactly do I need to ask or I need to do by myself to get this fixed ?

MBH

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:45 PM
  • What i suspect here is firewall is stopping the connection between biztalk and sql server.

Follow the link: http://blog.eldert.net/wcf-sql-adapter-using-msdtc-cross-domain/

I would suggest you to refer to thread BizTalk & MSDTC  This link explains each of the options in above screen very well Also ensure that BizTalk and SQL server both should have the suggested MSDTC settings exactly similar.

You can Troubleshooting MSDTC issues with the DTCPing tool

If you have firewall then you need also to Configuring Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC) to work through a firewall or network address translation firewalls. DTC uses Remote Procedure Call (RPC) dynamic port allocation. By default, RPC dynamic port allocation randomly selects port numbers above 1024. You can get more information:

To test or validate the connectivity’s between BizTalk Server and SQL Server machines, see:

There are also available on TechNet Wiki here.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Friday, December 2, 2016 5:02 PM
  • Did this ever work?  Or is this the first time you're trying to communicate with this particular SQL instance?
    Friday, December 2, 2016 5:20 PM
  • It worked inserting into database for others in other tables of same database.....

I created a new table in this database and having this error

MBH

• Edited by JaguarsJag Friday, December 2, 2016 5:28 PM i
    Friday, December 2, 2016 5:24 PM
  • I enabled MSDTC application in Windows Firewall , but still receiving same error.

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_Procedures_dbo_Custom" with URL "mssql://devsrv01//test?". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"System.Transactions.TransactionManagerCommunicationException: Network access for Distributed Transaction Manager (MSDTC) has been disabled. Please enable DTC for network access in the security configuration for MSDTC using the Component Services Administrative tool. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D024)

MBH

Friday, December 2, 2016 6:12 PM
  • You need to refer the post below.

What i suspect here is firewall is stopping the connection between biztalk and sql server.

Follow the link: http://blog.eldert.net/wcf-sql-adapter-using-msdtc-cross-domain/

I would suggest you to refer to thread BizTalk & MSDTC  This link explains each of the options in above screen very well Also ensure that BizTalk and SQL server both should have the suggested MSDTC settings exactly similar.

You can Troubleshooting MSDTC issues with the DTCPing tool

If you have firewall then you need also to Configuring Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC) to work through a firewall or network address translation firewalls. DTC uses Remote Procedure Call (RPC) dynamic port allocation. By default, RPC dynamic port allocation randomly selects port numbers above 1024. You can get more information:

To test or validate the connectivity’s between BizTalk Server and SQL Server machines, see:

There are also available on TechNet Wiki here.

Saturday, December 3, 2016 3:11 AM