locked
Reporting point problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    I have a problem with reporting in SCCM2012 SP1.

    SCCM farm contains two servers: Primary server and database server. I have added reporting services point on database server with SQL 2012 to different reporting instance (default instance is used for DPM and SCOM).

    I see succesfull records in SCCM console component status for SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT  that component started (message 500) and availability of component has changed to Online (message 4629).

    But ConfigMgr_<sitename> folder not created and no reports available in console.

    I have also tried to run mofcomp.exe for sqlmgrproviderxpsp2up.mof but report folder still not created.

    How can I troubleshoot this problem? I have no errors in SCCM.

    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:35 AM

Answers

  • Hello,

    This timeouts points me to the solution. The problem was related to performance of heavy loaded SQL.

    I have added additional resources to SQL server and reports appeared in SCCM console.

    Thursday, April 30, 2015 7:46 AM

All replies

  • See srsrp.log.

    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:46 AM
  • Hi Sergey,

    I have seen such behavior due to insufficient permissions of the account being used.
    another topic could be the version of the SQL reporting service instance.
    Can you browse the Report Manager URL? (http://blogs.technet.com/b/configurationmgr/archive/2013/03/06/support-tip-no-reports-show-up-in-the-console-after-installing-a-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-reporting-server.aspx

    Check this post also:

    http://blog.coretech.dk/rja/no-srs-reports-showing-up-in-sccm-console/

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Stoyan

     

    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:58 AM
  • Hello Torsten,

    I see only following records inside srsrp.log. That SMS_EXECUTIVE started SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT and timeouts chain.

    SMS_EXECUTIVE started SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT as thread ID 2776 (0xAD8).  $$<SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT><04-28-2015 16:09:03.180-180><thread=3700 (0xE74)>
    This is a SRS Reporting Point Role as SRSRP registry key exists.~  $$<SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT><04-28-2015 16:09:06.496-180><thread=2776 (0xAD8)>
    ~Waiting for changes for 0 minutes  $$<SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT><04-28-2015 16:09:06.527-180><thread=2776 (0xAD8)>
    Timed Out...~  $$<SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT><04-28-2015 16:09:06.527-180><thread=2776 (0xAD8)>
    ~Waiting for changes for 1 minutes  $$<SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT><04-28-2015 16:09:06.558-180><thread=2776 (0xAD8)>
    Timed Out...~  $$<SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT><04-28-2015 16:10:06.569-180><thread=2776 (0xAD8)>

    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:46 AM
  • Hello Stoyan,

    The account that I used for Reporting Point in SCCM is service account for SSRS on SQL box, this account have local admin permissions on SCCM PC and on SQL PC. I have also added all permissions for this account on SSRS Home folder. This account is dbo for CCM DB and for Reporting DB in SQL.
    Thanks for the links I will check!

    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:56 AM
  • Hello,

    This timeouts points me to the solution. The problem was related to performance of heavy loaded SQL.

    I have added additional resources to SQL server and reports appeared in SCCM console.

    Thursday, April 30, 2015 7:46 AM