none
Windows 7,32

Question

•  This started about a wk ago.When i scroll an article, I get black box(s),of different sizes. I almost think it has a relation to screen post it notes? I use a laser mouse,changed the battery x 2. I clean my machine DAILY,no viruses that I can detect.No other difficulties to report

TY!

Thursday, May 3, 2018 4:16 PM

All replies

• A few questions:

1.Where did you read the article? On web or some application?

2. Did the black boxes show on specific application, webpage? If so, please let me know.

If certain applications appear to be getting accelerated when scrolling a page’s screen up and down and this is not desired, you can instruct vSpace to specially process scrolling in such applications to prevent streaming in this situation.  Simply add the executable to this registry setting:

[HKEY Local Machine > System > CurrentControlSet >Control > Multiuser > ScrollProtectNameList] 

If a program displays frequent “black box” flickering, it may be better to disable video streaming for that application.  To do so, simply add the application’s executable to the following registry key:  

HKEY Local Machine > System > CurrentControlSet >Control > Multiuser > ExcludeVideoPlayerNameList

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 4, 2018 1:59 AM
  • TY  for your attn,The boxes only appear when scrolling for reading. It can happen in short cut sites located on my desktop. an example of one of the sites would be Science Daily. Hope this helps

B

Saturday, May 5, 2018 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

Which browser did you use to open the site?

To troubleshoot the browser issue, here are some steps:

1.Restart with Add-ons disabled, restart in browser Safe Mode.

2.If the issue is not present in browser Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, theme, or hardware acceleration. Then disable graphics hardware acceleration

3.Updating graphic drivers

You can follow the reference to add the registry key, remember to back up the registry before you modify it.

https://support.ncomputing.com/portal/kb/articles/distorted-texts-or-flashing-black-boxes-when-scrolling-please-review

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 7, 2018 1:51 AM