webcam RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know why I have a webcam but not an icon on my desktop to use it?
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 12:24 AM

Answers

• More often than not when a device isnt working it is because the driver has become corrupted. Re-installing a fresh copy should help
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly?SignedIn=1

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, September 8, 2013 4:16 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 12:50 AM
  • Hi,

To have the shortcut on desktop for webcam, we need to install the webcam software and drivers depending on what Webcam you have.

Please search online and install them for Windows 7. Then we can easily create the shortcut on desktop for it based on the webcam.exe file.

If more help is required, please post the detailed model of your webcam and system information to me for further research.

Open System Information by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type System Information, and then, in the list of results, click System Information.  You can save System Information in the TXT file format by clicking File, clicking Export, typing a name for the file, and then clicking Save.

Thanks for your cooperation and keep post.  

Kate Li

TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 2, 2013 7:12 AM

All replies

• More often than not when a device isnt working it is because the driver has become corrupted. Re-installing a fresh copy should help
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly?SignedIn=1

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, September 8, 2013 4:16 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 12:50 AM
  • Hi,

To have the shortcut on desktop for webcam, we need to install the webcam software and drivers depending on what Webcam you have.

Please search online and install them for Windows 7. Then we can easily create the shortcut on desktop for it based on the webcam.exe file.

If more help is required, please post the detailed model of your webcam and system information to me for further research.

Open System Information by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type System Information, and then, in the list of results, click System Information.  You can save System Information in the TXT file format by clicking File, clicking Export, typing a name for the file, and then clicking Save.

Thanks for your cooperation and keep post.  

Kate Li

TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 2, 2013 7:12 AM