none
is "psshutdown /d" going to get an update to work on modern standby devices in addition to legacy standby (s3) devices? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently ran into an issue where "psshutdown /d" command was generating message "Error suspending local system: The local system does not support suspend." and found search hits on this suggesting it was an issue with windows 10 devices standby functionality. 

I repaved my brand new thinkpad x1 yoga 3rd gen device only to find that this is still was arising.  

I then started a support thread with the Lenovo folks here [ https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/thinkpad-x1-yoga-3rd-gen-wont-suspend/m-p/4173577/highlight/false#M89269 ] in which it was explained to me that the reason "psshutdown /d" is failing is because its expecting legacy standby [s3] hardware when 2018 systems have what they referred to as modern standby hardware.

My question is will "psshutdown /d" be getting an update to work on modern standby devices in addition to legacy standby (s3) devices? 

If not it would seem that at minium the error message should be updated, or a search hit should be published, that lets folks know this error will arise if they are using 2018 or newer modern standby based hardware. Otherwise they might kill all the time I did on this matter with support escalations and repaving their device hoping for it to change the outcome.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:01 PM