none
NTLM Login page WITHOUT Mixed authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I'm wondering if this is possible to do. We're using SP2013 Enterprise. Our internal domain users access the same resources that our external clients access. Both sets of users are in the same forest. We have clients outside our network that get the usual Windows prompt to enter their username and password when they hit their HNSC URL. We'd like to replace that prompt with a login page but we don't want to setup multiple authentication methods on our web app.

The Web App's Authentication page has the following input:

sign in page

Everything I've read today has Forms based or a second Trusted Provider on the web app. But the text on the left of the above image says that "a URL for redirecting the user to the Sign In page is required", which makes it seem like this is possible without a second authentication method. Is it possible to have a custom login page for NTLM only logins (not basic)? Is this something that ADFS could resolve for us?

Thanks!

Love them all...regardless. - Buddha

• Edited by KansasCoder Thursday, September 24, 2015 3:37 PM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 8:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Per my knowledge, if you want to NTLM to authenticate with external users, the external users need to have credential to access the target computer, or it will not be available to use NTLM only to authenticate external users. We need to use Form-based model to authenticate with external users.

You can refer the article below for more information:

Plan for user authentication methods in SharePoint 2013

You can refer the detailed code demo about creating custom login page:

Custom Sign In and Sign Out page

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 25, 2015 6:17 AM
  • Our external users do have credentials to access the target computer. It's just that they are currently getting the windows prompt to login with and we'd like for them to use an aspx page instead.

Love them all...regardless. - Buddha

Friday, September 25, 2015 12:15 PM