Using speed dial and normalization rules RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a normalization rule that handles 4 digit numbers like 3029 which is a short dial code to a cell phone in the mobile phones network of my carrier. In the Translation Pattern I enforce the prefix 66, so when a user dials 3029 from MOC then is translated to 663029 and my PBX routes the call to the mobile network. I set the mobile number of the account in Active Directory to 3029 to allow users synchronizing cell phones access these codes and then use them straightaway. However my problem is that when a user tries to call someone by using speed dial (not actually entering the numbers, this works) using the contact info which would be 3029, the normalization rule seems no to work because I suspect that is trying to send 3029 alone and it needs the 66. How can I workaround this problem in order to leave the 4 digit numbers in AD?

We have OCS 2007 R2 and MOC 2007 R2.

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:51 PM

All replies

• By "speed dial" I assume you mean clicking the phone number drop-down in MOC? 

If that's true you'll need to configure the Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt file on your Front-End server. That will allow you to take the AD phone field 3029 and translate it to 663029 when a user clicks on it. Basically, the location policy rules apply if someone types a number into MOC and the .txt file rules apply when clicking a phone number in the client.

Friday, February 18, 2011 1:49 AM
  • Yes, that's exactly I mean by "speed dial".

On the other hand I already have the Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt file with the following rules:

#
    # 661331
    #
    ^\+?(66)(\d{4})$
    $1$2

#
    # 1331
    #
    ^\+?(\d{4})$
    $1

My question would be, do I have to add the 66 prefix  in the last rule right before the $1?

Thanks for your help.

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:33 PM