How to migrate the SMSPKGSIG Folder? RRS feed

• Question

• Seeing that the area used for holding packages is filling up (SMSPKGSIG), I've added some more local storage space on another drive.

How can I get SCCM 2012 to use the added storage space? I've seen references for SCCM 2007, but there doesn't appear to be a setting in 2012 for it. Or perhaps I'm missing it.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:59 PM

Answers

• If I recall correct you could not move the SMSPKGSIG in SCCM 2007, haven't tried to do that yet in 2012 though...
    • Marked as answer by John Marcum Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:10 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:05 PM

All replies

• SCCM distribution point should use the drive with most available drive space as long as there is no "NO_SMS_ON_DRIVE.SMS" file in the root of the drive.

If you want to force a specific drive letter, you can specify it when adding the Distribution Point role.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 11:21 AM
  • Thanks for the information; so I'm guessing that I'll have to figure out how to get my stuff out of the various areas and just move them and then remove the Distribution role and add it back in being sure to set it to the drive I desire then add the . Right?

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:32 PM
  • or add a empty file named "NO_SMS_ON_DRIVE.SMS" on the drives you dont want any content on, think a redeistribute content should get SCCM to process the packages again, and move the contents to correct drive.
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:01 AM
  • If I recall correct you could not move the SMSPKGSIG in SCCM 2007, haven't tried to do that yet in 2012 though...
    • Marked as answer by John Marcum Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:10 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:05 PM