none
Project 2013 - Report formatting, printing and exporting. RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I report bugs in the 2013 version of Project?  I've found several and one of them is unfortunately a show stopper for me.

The bugs all pertain to reports.

1) No matter what paper size is selected to print or export to pdf/xps, Project will only output 8.5"x11" (This is the show stopper - any ideas?)

2) When creating a report, font options such as size are not available on any ribbon by default (the existing font options are greyed out when you are using textboxes or tables).  I had to manually add these options to the drawing tools and table tools ribbons.

3) When adding groups and tabs to the ribbon, the rename button does not work.  This wouldn't be as much of an issue if #2 wasn't an issue.

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:16 PM

Answers

• wiredpsyche --

Are you using the public beta of Project 2013 or the final RTM version?  The reason I ask is because I am using the RTM version and I cannot confirm ANY of your bugs.

1.  Using the RTM version, I can select other paper sizes, such as the 8.5 x 14 sized paper.  Further, when I save the report to PDF, it exports to the correct paper size, which is in this case the 8.5 x 14 inch sized paper.

2.  Using the RTM version, I can use all of the font options in the Font section of the Task ribbon when I am formatting tables or text boxes.

3.  Using the RTM version, I am able to add a custom group to the Ribbon, and to rename the group.  For example, using your need reported in #2, I added a custom group to the Design ribbon with the Table Tools applied.  I renamed the custom group as Font, and then I added the three font buttons to this custom group.

So, using the RTM version of the software I cannot confirm anything that you report as bugs.  If you are not using the RTM version of Project 2013, then you need to do so.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:23 PM

All replies

• wiredpsyche --

Are you using the public beta of Project 2013 or the final RTM version?  The reason I ask is because I am using the RTM version and I cannot confirm ANY of your bugs.

1.  Using the RTM version, I can select other paper sizes, such as the 8.5 x 14 sized paper.  Further, when I save the report to PDF, it exports to the correct paper size, which is in this case the 8.5 x 14 inch sized paper.

2.  Using the RTM version, I can use all of the font options in the Font section of the Task ribbon when I am formatting tables or text boxes.

3.  Using the RTM version, I am able to add a custom group to the Ribbon, and to rename the group.  For example, using your need reported in #2, I added a custom group to the Design ribbon with the Table Tools applied.  I renamed the custom group as Font, and then I added the three font buttons to this custom group.

So, using the RTM version of the software I cannot confirm anything that you report as bugs.  If you are not using the RTM version of Project 2013, then you need to do so.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:23 PM
  • I searched around a little bit and this thread is the closest to the problem I am having. I am new to Project and am using Project 2013 on Windows 7.

When I go to export my project to a pdf, I can't see any way to change the page format as you describe above.  I go to FILE > EXPORT > CREATE PDF/XPS.  When I click on the Create PDF/XPS button, I get the familiar "browse/file name/save as type" dialogue.  

After that I get a Document Export Options dialogue, with 3 fields: Publish Range, Include Non-Printing Information, and PDF Options.  None of these has any way to change the page setup.

I looked through the tabs on the ribbon and can't see anything that looks applicable to this.

Thanks in advance for any help.  It's probably staring me in the face but I just can't see it.  I find the ribbon difficult to use.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:03 PM
  • Ah, Ctrl-P saves the day!  I see now that it is very similar to Excel in its print setup options.  Kindly disregard the above! :-)
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:11 PM