none
Blank Sitemap XML Getting Generated RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to configure Sitemap on SharePoint 2013 website. But the sitemap that is getting generated at http://mywebsite/sitemap0.xml is empty.

I have done the follow steps:

• Enabled Site collection feature "Search Engine Sitemap"
    • Ran incremental crawl on the site
    • Ran the Search Engine Sitemap job (execution time is 0)

Not sure what I am doing wrong, I cant find anything in the logs as well. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Saad,

Is "http://<WebApp>/sites/<SiteColl>/sitemap.xml" empty? (you need to do this in the root site)

Pay attention that there are three prerequisites for generating sitemap:

1. This feature is available for publishing sites only.

2. Anonymous access should be enabled for both web application and site collection.

3. Search should be configured in the environment.

From your description, you have configured search in your environment, so you need to check the first and second point. 

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:33 AM
  • Thanks Allen,

It is a public website, running since last 2 years so for sure its publish site and anonymous access is also granted at both web application and site collection level.

Strange thing is that on the same farm there are around 7 other websites and on all of them sitemap is getting generated correctly. Its only issue in one site.

The only difference I can think of is that the site in which sitemap is not getting generated is much larger i.e has around 2000 pages where as the sites in which sitemap is working are much smaller and have 20-30 pages.

Regards,

Saad

Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:36 AM
  • Hi Saad,

Maybe you are right. I found an article mentioned that "there is a 500 entry limit on SharePoint 2013 by default on sitemaps". You can try below PowerShell commands to bypass the limit:

$ssa = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication
    $ssa.MaxRowLimit = 5000
    $ssa.Update()

Reference:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/216359/sharepoint-sitemap0-xml-missing-content

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:49 AM
  • Hi Saad,

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum. Also others will directly see the answer.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 2:38 AM
  • Hi Saad,

Please do not forget to mark the helpful reply as an answer.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:38 AM
  • Hi Saad,

Is there any update in your issue? I am willing to hear from you. 

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Thursday, December 6, 2018 1:53 AM